Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 6
03/30/2012


Day 6 was the best day. We got up at about 4:30 in the morning, but we were going to have our fun day so it was worth it. We no longer had to work on the wall. At first the kids were not going to come with us, but they were able to join us. We got on the bus and finally left the orphanage around 5:30 AM. We took breakfast with us which was fruit and we got to choose between a chicken, cheese, or peanut butter sandwich. I chose the peanut butter one.

On the bus I sat next to my buddy Saul. The kid talked to me here and there but most of the time he was looking out the window at all the stuff we were passing. After about 3 hours of traveling we reached the volcano called Mombacho. We traveled up the volcano a bit and reached a little site where we began our zip line trail. They gave us all the right equipment and explained to us how to do it right. They had seven or so zip lines for us to go down. Each one was different in length and some they spun us or bounced us. To get down the tree for the last one we had to fall down a rope. There was always a person at the start of each zip line adn another person at the end to make sure we landed safely.

It was a lot of fun for everyone and even a couple of kids from the orphanage were brave enough to join us. Once we finished a truck took us back to where we started and I bought my mother an apron. Then we took another truck a bit farther to the top of the volcano where we ate lunch. It was rice, beans, and either vegetables or chicken. I got the veggie platter.

After lunch we went on a short hike to see more of the volcano and the stuff surrounding it. We took group pictures and saw some beautiful sights. After our hike it was time to start heading back home. I sat next to Saul for a while but we stopped shortly after leaving at a place for us to buy gifts and other souvenirs.

The kids had to stay on the bus as we did not want to take long. I bought two shirts, a magnet, and two other little objects that kids play with. My friend Chris bought a mochette that has all the seals engraved on it from the different Central American countries. When we were done shopping and walking back to the bus we saw these crazy high seats that people were sitting in. I went over to sit in one and the neat thing I know a lady was asking me if I could put the finished drinks on her platter.

Since I already was up there I decided, why not? The deans decided to buy us all smoothies at that location and even got some for the kids on the bus to enjoy. The smoothie had fresh oranges, strawberries, and mangoes in it. It was very good. After this, we got back on the bus and traveled home. We had a small worship on the bus. Once we got back to the orphanage we had some more soft tacos for dinner, and after this everyone want to sleep.

I got to take a lot of pictures today and had fun hanging out with everyone. The weather remains great still and I had a ton of fun.

- Sheldon H.

No comments:

Post a Comment